Sat, Aug 08, 2020

FAQ's Selectmen's Office

Q. How do I find out about job openings with the Town of Woodstock?

Locate the Services tab, above.  Click on "Employment" to see what openings we have.  Openings are often posted in the Shopper's Guide and in local papers such as the Woodstock Villager.

Q. How can I apply for a job with the Town?

You will need to fill out a job application (which is available for download here and from our Documents/Forms tab, in the Applications area).  Please mail it or deliver it to the Office of the First Selectman.

Q. How do I apply to volunteer on a Board or Commission?

Attend several meetings held by your Board or Commission of interest.  Fill out an application and submit it to the Office of the First Selectman. Your application will be reviewed at the next regularly scheduled BOS meeting.

Q. How can I request that an item be included on the agenda for a Board of Selectmen's meeting?

Call the Secretary to the Board of Selectmen at 860-928-0208, Ext. 310, or email your request to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. If you are not sure whether your issue is a matter for the Board of Selectmen, call the office for a referral to the appropriate department.

Q. May I attend meetings?

        Yes. All Board and Commission meetings are open to the public. Generally, there is opportunity for public comment.

Q. When do the various Boards and Commissions meet?

Meeting times and agendas are posted in the main lobby of the Town Hall. They are also listed on this website. Please click on the Calendar tab, above, to view the Government Calendar.

Q. Where can I obtain a handgun permit?

A handgun permit application can be obtained from the First Selectman's Office. The CT Firearms Laws Reference Guide is available at

Q. Does the Town require vendors/solicitors to have permits?

Yes. In accordance with Town Ordinance, all solicitors must be issued a permit from the Town Clerk's Office. This permit shall be carried at all times and exhibited upon request. If you wish to verify the legitimacy of a solicitor, contact either the First Selectman's Office at 860-928-0208, Ext. 310, or Troop D Barracks in Danielson at 860-779-4900.

Q. What about issues with dead trees?

If there are wires involved, this should be reported directly to the CL&P Customer Service Center at 1-800-286-2000.
For other trees, first it must be determined if they are on your property or in the town right-of-way. You may call the First Selectman's Office at 860-928-0208, Ext. 310 to report the tree in question.

Q. My organization is planning a raffle.

Your state-required applications are available through the First Selectman's Office. Each application requires a $10.00 state fee and a $10.00 town fee.  (Your organization must be a non-profit organization.)  If you are not sure which form you need, please call the CT Division of Special Revenue at 1-800-338-6331 before coming into the First Selectman's Office.

Q. Pot hole or fallen tree on your road?

Call our office at 860-928-0208, Ext. 310, or the Highway Department at 860-974-0330. If you are on a state road, you may call the CT Department of Transportation directly at 860-594-2000.

Q. Can I meet with the First Selectman?

Yes.  The First Selectman maintains an open door policy, but it is always better to call in advance to schedule an appointment.


You are now logged out.