Agent for the Elderly
Su Conner, Agent for the Elderly
Phone: (860) 974-1705
Function and Services
What We Do:
The Municipal Agent for the Elderly seeks to:
- Assist and act on the needs of elderly persons and their families
- Support seniors while respecting their privacy
- Act on their behalf by initiating activities, programs, and services
- Contact local, state, and federal representatives to support and monitor appropriate legislation that promote the well being of these individuals
- Post important information on the senior bulletin board (lower level Town Hall)
- Dial A Ride
- Senior activities
- Trips, meetings, speakers
- Referrals to TEEG for various assistance programs
- Flu shot and free blood pressure clinic
- Discussion on any new regulations and laws that affect seniors.
- Click here for Community Senior Center Activity and Meal Calendars
- Click here for Homemaker Companion Agencies: A guide for Consumers
Contact us if you need help on:
Services offered at the Town Hall include:
- Free use of equipment: wheelchair, walkers, exercise bike, etc.
- Free lending library
- Nursing home and shut-in visitations
- Approximately three times a year - Haven Health Care, Westview Nursing & Rehab, Webster Manor, Matulaitis Nursing Home, Villa Maria (Plainfield), Christopher Heights, Creamery Brook, and Meals On Wheels recipients are visited. The Agent for the Elderly, Recreation Department, and First Selectman's office collaborate on the Annual Giving Tree to benefit Woodstock Seniors and Veterans in need each December.
Please see the First Selectman's office for immediate assistance and referrals.