Economic Development Links
This page contains information on local, State, federal and regional links to organizations and agencies; general business assistance resources; local banks, insurance companies, and employers; manufacturing and trade organizations; and resources for small businesses.
Please note that the presence of any link anywhere on this site does not constitute an endorsement, favoring, or approval of the site or any specific commercial product, commodity or service by the Town of Woodstock.
- Town of Woodstock: offices, calendar, history, Board of Selectmen, Board of Education, Board of Finance, Conservation Commission, Registrar, Libraries, Directories, Recreation, Transfer Station, Public Safety, Schools, Directions, and Community Links.
- Northeast District Department of Health
- Trade Name Certificate to register with the Town of Woodstock - see Town Clerk's Office.
- Water Pollution Control Authority (Putnam)
- Woodstock Conservation Commission
- Woodstock Grown (agricultural products like maple syrup) - also see Riverfront Market Place Pavilion - Farmer's Market on 18 Kennedy Drive, Putnam, CT
- Woodstock Business Asscoiation, PO Box 4, South Woodstock CT 06267
- Connecticut Department of Economic & Community Development: lead agency for the development and implementation of policies, strategies and programs all of which are designed to enhance Connecticut's communities and business and housing environments.
- Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection
- Connecticut Department of Labor
- Connecticut Department of Revenue Services: information for new businesses including a guide for getting started, withholding tables, how and when to file, registering your business, and much more.
- Connecticut Development Authority: provides financing assistance to businesses that create or retain jobs, giving priority to manufacturing, skilled jobs, urban areas and enterprise zones, woman- and minority-owned firms, exports, and innovative products.
- Connecticut Economic Resource Center: The Connecticut Economic Resource Center (CERC) offers access to all state programs and information on local and regional programs. Initial contact is with Regional Account Managers who guide customers through the state system. For more information about state programs and services call CERC at (800) 392-2122.
• Financing, including loans and loan guarantees
• Technology Assistance
• Site Selection Assistance
• State agency permitting, including environmental and labor
• International trade missions, trade shows, financing, and advisory services
• Economic and demographic information Revolving Loan Funds
- CT State Office of Tourism
- Office of Culture & Tourism, Dept. of Economic & Community Development
- State of CT Department of Economic Development Town Profiles
- Official State of Connecticut Website
- Northeast CT Economic Alliance
- Connecticut Pest Guide
- Business Advisor: One stop shopping to federal government information, services and transactions, including business development, financial assistance and taxes.
- IRS Business Division: information regarding taxes for all business types including corporate, not-for-profit, international, small businesses and self-employment.
- Small Business Association - Hartford office
- Academia in the Quiet Corner: Listing of local colleges and universities.
- Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut, Inc.: Business leaders working to promote a regional identity, providing networking, showcasing member businesses, educational and promotional programs, etc.
- Northeast Connecticut Economic Alliance: A private, nonprofit organization whose website provides links to financial institutions, towns, economic groups, and various state agencies, all dedicated to this area of the state and its future economic growth.
- Tourism: The Quiet Corner, Putnam Traveler - attractions, lodging, dining, walking, shopping recreation, events, etc.
General Business Assistance Resources
- Business Plan Development
- Doing Business in Connecticut: general information, business regulation, employment, financial assistance, starting, moving or expanding a business, taxation.
- Trade Name Certificate to register with the Town of Woodstock
- Business Utility Zone Gateway: Information on topics such as registering a business an safety.
Resources for Small Businesses
- Business Week Online: small business section offers advice and research for small businesses.
- Connecticut Economic Development Fund: Counseling and loans for low/moderate-income people with existing or start-up businesses who are having problems obtaining loans through existing avenues.
- Connecticut Small Business Development Center (CSBDC): A statewide organization providing professional business counseling without charge to small and medium-sized businesses. Counseling assistance and educational workshops are available for business planning, financial analysis, international business, loan packaging, marketing, and management. Also provides specialized resources such as the Export Assistance Program, and Community Accounting Aid Services.
- The Entrepreneurial Center: helping people achieve financial independence through self-employment by training women and men to start their own businesses.
- Register a small business in Woodstock - form
- SCORE: (Service Corps of Retired Executives) a non-profit association providing free counseling and low-cost workshops to the small business community.
- Small Business Administration: Their mission is to maintain and strengthen the nation's economy by aiding, counseling, assisting, and protecting the interests of small businesses.
- Small Business Develoment Center - no cost counseling, seminars, training by professional business counselors.
- You Belong In Connecticut: information to help businesses grow in CT, including a searchable database of Connecticut Assistance Programs, real estate information, town profiles, workforce information, etc. Maintained by the State of Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (CEDC.)
- A Guide to Women in Business
- A Guide to Ethical Principles in Business
- Frontier Communication - Internet, FiOS, TV, and phone service. Call 1-866-792-7314.
- Charter Spectrum - internet, tv, phone
Local Insurance Companies
Manufacturing and Trade Organizations
- Northeast Connecticut Chamber of Commerce: Woodstock does not have a separate Chamber of Commerce.
- Connecticut Business & Industry Association: 10,000 member companies. Public policy staff works with state legislators and officials to help shape specific laws and to promote a regulatory system that responds to businesses' needs.
- Connecticut Christmas Tree Growers Association
- Eastern Connecticut Forest Landowners Association: A non-profit organization for woodlot owners/foresters.
- Manufacturing Alliance of Connecticut
- Woodstock Agricultural Society organizes the Woodstock Fair.
- Woodstock Merchants Association, is a membership organization comprised of local Woodstock merchants including antiques, crafts, florists, orchards, furniture makers, pottery, lodging and more.